Tuesday 1 March 2011

Si Summary

We got Si to write a bit about himself so that we could understand him as a consumer. It reveals that Si likes to think of himself as an individual. He doesn't like to wear things lots of people have too. He finds TV adverts most influential but does also flick through magazines (mainly for work research). In order to reach Si, we would have to place our campaign ideally on TV, but otherwise as a viral video on websites would be the next best thing, and in magazines, but remembering that these places still need to remain understated locations for the brand to place itself within. Here is Si's post...


"ME IN A LITTLE POST...



MUSIC
For music my favourite would have to be dance music, I love it...always have, always will. I also like a bit of Dub-step and house music...anything really that I can dance to on a night out is good for me.

Oh and the girls said that I have to put Adele up here as I was playing her album when they came round...come she's every mans guilty pleasure.

FILMS
My favourite film of all time is City of God, it's a Portugese film and just slightly different so I like it. Otherwise it's just the usual films like Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Outlaw and good series like Family Guy and the Simpsons.

ADVERTS
In terms of adverts I usually just see them on the TV but I'm sometimes influenced by the stuff I find in my housemate's shoe magazines...sometimes the stuff in there is pretty cool. Normally I try not to be too influenced by advertising though, unless it's quite innovative, because I like to buy stuff that I know no one else has got...for example if I go into All Saints I'll buy something that other people don't have. I'm a snob with clothes basically.

I also think I like to stand out with clothes because I have always stood out because of my ginger hair...so i just try to embrace that with the clothes I choose to wear.

MAGAZINES
I prefer photographical magazines like i-D and stuff like that...Dazed and Confused as well, that's a good one; I really like the photography they have.
I also have the book that was put together by the editor of Dazed and Confused, 'Young Sleek and Full of Hell: Ten Years of New York's Alleged Gallery' which is really good! I've been through that quite a few times because I really like the photography and it helps with finding inspiration for my architecture work.
I also read architectural journals and anything else that will help me with my course and inspiration.
Oh yeah and I also read the Sun every morning, but only for the sports section really.

I also really wanted to mention The Urban Gentleman because I think it might be interesting for the girls to have a look at, and I use it all the time to look at the trends forecasted for each season. The site, http://www.theurbangent.com/, generally looks at trends for each season for men to help us out. As well as the trends it also uses street style to show how the trends are already worn. I also really like it because it's also got articles on cars and electronics and also design and culture (this bit is always really interesting)

So yeah that's me in a little post!

SI"

No comments:

Post a Comment